Kingfisher has proclaimed me one of his favorite fishing holes (and yes, that completely freaks me out) and tagged me for this, just in the nick of time, ‘cause these days, I’m struggling. So.. here is The Nine, as Kingfisher says, it’s either sacred or profane, so don’t mess with it.
9 Bad Things About Me
9. When I am having a really bad day, I can rationalize virtually any behavior I would otherwise consider inexcusable, from eating ice cream for dinner, to road rage-like behavior to blowing money I shouldn’t spend.
8. I can be very nice to people I dislike immensely. So nice, it freaks me out a little.
7. I have a bad habit of telling people I’ll attend something relatively trivial (like a happy hour) knowing full well I have no intention of going.
6. I am unspeakably disgusted by people that spend tens of thousands of dollars trying to conceive “their own child” while dozens of children sit in foster care, desperate for a family.
5. I love all those 80’s movies (Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club,Fast Times etc) and could watch them over and over.
4. I’m prone to making big decisions in an instant. So far, it’s worked out well, but the chance that the next one will be a huge mistake is always in the back of my mind.
3. I bite my fingernails
2. My capacity for forgiveness is about half the size of the average thimble. If you recklessly wound me or someone I love, find religion, you’ll find no forgiveness here.
1. I don’t get David Letterman.